About Me

My photo
Horsham, Victoria, Australia
Just A Reflection Of Myself--- Became a Blogger through IT Studies

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bill your Phone Company for wasting your time

I found this interesting blog about a man who sent his phone company a bill for wasting his time and they paid it. view here

Now would our Telco's here do this? I think not.  I had some phone trouble a couple of years ago and I needed Telstra to reconnect my line before I could churn my account.  So I gave my credit card details to have the service installed and the day after the phone was installed I change service providers.  Telstra sent me a credit notice of $15.35 for overpayment. 2 and 1/2 years later I still receive  a credit notice that my account is $15.35 in credit.

Now for those of you that have had demand for payment letters from Telstra know that they don't muck around about asking for their money. I acquired one of these letters and edited it with my details and sent to Telstra. Really only for a laugh and I bet they are still laughing about it at Telstra because I never got a response.

Then there was the door to door salesman selling mobile phone for Voda Phone. He told me he will unlock my phone so I can change to Voda Phone. As I was selling Phone at the time  I knew he could not do that. However he got me to sign a contract and when he was leaving he announced that he could not unlock the phone and I needed to go to Telstra to do so.  I asked then to cancel the contract as the deal was of no value to me. He ran out the door and I chased him up the street. He wasn't going to cancel the contract.

I rang the company immediately to say I don’t want this and the man on the phone told me to sleep on it. If could have stretched my hand down the phone and grab him by the throat then I may have been writing this from jail.

SO not been happy with this I tried to contact Voda Phone direct.  After several trick like never do what they say so an operator then helps you I got to talk to a human  who tried to help and put me through to finance who I spoke to someone who said they will make sure that the contract gets cancelled and no money will leave my account.

Sure enough Money did leave my account the next month and I quickly contacted Voda Phone and informed them I am not a happy chappy.  Well it took 3 days of negotiations to finally needing to threaten legal action to get the money returned to my account.

Now despite the fact that it was still $1 short. there was the cost of several phone calls and faxes to sort this. But I was happy at the time just to get my money back and stop them taking money out of my bank. But maybe I should have billed them for their trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment